HEY TRUMP, LIFT THE BLOCKADE ON CUBA!
Online Virtual Picket Action!
~ Participez en anglais, français ou espagnol! ~
~ Participate in English, French or Spanish! ~
~ ¡Participa en inglés, francés o español! ~
WEDNESDAY JUNE 17, 2020
4pm Pacific Time / 7pm Eastern Time / 8pm Atlantic Time
REGISTER ONLINE HERE:
>>> Featuring Speakers & Greetings from Across Canada and Around the World including:
* YHONNY GARCIA – Leader of the Venezuela’s National Movement of Friendship and Mutual Solidarity Venezuela-Cuba (Caracas, Venezuela)
* TREVOR BROWN – President of the Jamaica Cuba Friendship Association
* CIKIAH THOMAS – Co-Chair of the Global African Congress
* CHERYL LABASH – Co-Chair of the National Network on Cuba (Detroit, U.S.)
* VIASHESLAV KARPENKO – The Ukrainian Committee “Stop the blockade of Cuba” (Kiev, Ukraine)
* Greetings from CNC member groups & la Table de concertation et de solidarité Québec – Cuba
>>> Event Co-chairs:
* MARICARMEN GUEVARA – Ottawa Cuba Connection
* COLETTE LAVERGNE – la Table de concertation et de solidarité Québec – Cuba
* AZZA ROJBI – Friends of Cuba Against the U.S. Blockade – Vancouver
VIEW POSTER HERE:
*** Everyone is encouraged to make protest signs, display banners, or wear t-shirts against the blockade. These can be displayed in a group photo at the end of the virtual picket!
1) The program will begin with invited speakers and greetings.
2) In concluding the virtual picket, those who wish to participate in the photo will be invited by the co-chairs to turn on their cameras to join in! More specific instructions will be given by co-chairs during the virtual picket.
3) If you are unfamiliar with Zoom or require technical support, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Everyone is also encouraged to share photos with their signs, t-shirts and banners on social media #Cubavsbloqueo #UnBlockCuba #SanctionsKill
The Trump administration began the month of June by sending out U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to issue an announcement tightening the unjust and cruel U.S. Blockade on Cuba. Pompeo announced that the Trump administration was prohibiting business with Fincimex (a Cuban government-run financial institution). This change is likely to impact millions of dollars of remittances sent from Cuban family members living abroad to their loved ones in Cuba. A few days later, the Trump administration ordered Marriott International to wind down operations and future hotel projects in Cuba. The Trump administration continues to deny Cuba access to medicines, medical equipment and supplies it needs during the Covid-19 global pandemic.
Of course, for nearly six decades the United States’ inhuman blockade on Cuba has had significant negative impacts on Cuba’s economy and on the daily lives of the Cuban people. However, the U.S. government’s decision to tighten the blockade during the Covid-19 pandemic, has further exposed the cruelty of U.S. government policy towards Cuba.
Please join the Canadian Network on Cuba and our allies in the Cuba solidarity movement on June 17 for our 2nd virtual protest action. It will be a continuation of coordinated monthly protests against the U.S. blockade which have been taking place in in Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal, Canada and Kiev, Ukraine on the 17th of each month since 2015.
We will be united from across Canada and around the world in demanding: Lift the Blockade on Cuba Now!
Please circulate this information to your friends and contacts.
Organized by the Canadian Network on Cuba (CNC), a network of Cuba solidarity organizations across Canada promoting friendship and solidarity with Cuba and the Cuban people.