Please join us for a special solidarity webinar to learn about the example Cuba is setting of putting human needs ahead of profits in the fight against COVID-19. Panelists will discuss Cuba’s history of medical internationalism; how Cuba is fighting COVID-19 on the Island based on providing health care as a right; learn how Cuba is developing effective new medications such as Interferon Alpha 2-B; and how Cuba is sending medical teams to Italy, the Caribbean and dozens of countries.
Webinar 1: Thursday, April 9, 8:00 PM (Eastern), 5:00 PM (Pacific)
Click here to register
- Alison Bodine — Fire This Time, Movement for Social Justice, Vancouver, Canada
- Claudia de la Cruz — Executive Director, The People’s Forum, New York City
- Ambassador José Cabañas — Cuban Embassy, Washington, DC
- Dr. Helen Yaffe — Lecturer in Economic and Social History, University of Glasgow, Author, Che Guevara: The Economics of Revolution; We Are Cuba!; Cuba’s Contribution to Combating COVID-19 (Yale University Press blog)
- Dr. John Kirk — Department of Spanish and Latin American, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canadian authority on Cuban Medical Internationalism. Featured on PBS Nova program “Cuba’s Cancer Hope.”
- Dr. Alexa Weber — Circulo Bolivariana “Negra Hipolita” On the current health care situation in Venezuela and opposition to the latest U.S. threats and sanctions.
- Dr. Isaac Saney — Co-chair, Canadian Network on Cuba. Prospects for a Campaign to Access Cuba’s Interferon Alpha 2B Recombinant and other medical assistance to treat COViD-19.
Approximately 45 minutes – 1 hour for presenters followed by 45 minutes – 1 hour for Q&A
For TechSupport contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: www.us-cubanormalization.org