LIFT THE BLOCKADE ON CUBA NOW!
Online Virtual Picket Action!
SUNDAY MAY 17, 2020
4pm Pacific Time / 6pm Central Time / 7pm Eastern Time
REGISTER ONLINE HERE: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/3915893470303/WN_Sn0O7UMFRV2NmUdUIo9Yhw
>>> Featuring Speakers & Greetings from Across Canada and Around the World including:
* VINNIE MOLINA – President of the Australia-Cuba Friendship Society, Western Australian Branch
* GAIL WALKER – Director of IFCO/Pastors for Peace
* ROB MILLER – Director of Cuba Solidarity Campaign – Britain
* MANUEL LOPEZ – The Ukrainian Committee “Stop the blockade of Cuba”
* Greetings from CNC member groups & la Table de concertation et de solidarité Québec – Cuba
*** Everyone is encouraged to make protest signs, display banners, or wear t-shirts against the blockade. These can be displayed in a group photo at the end of the virtual picket!
1) The program will begin with invited speakers and greetings.
2) In concluding the virtual picket, those who wish to participate in the photo will be invited by the co-chairs to turn on their cameras to join in! More specific instructions will be given by co-chairs during the virtual picket.
3) If you are unfamiliar with Zoom or require technical support, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For nearly six decades the United States continues to impose an inhuman blockade on Cuba. During the Covid-19 pandemic, the cruelty of the blockade has been further exposed. The Trump administration continues to deny Cuba access to medicines, medical equipment and supplies it needs, on top of the significant negative impact that the blockade has on daily life in Cuba during non-pandemic times. This includes blocking humanitarian aid shipments to the island and preventing the sale of life-saving ventilators to Cuba, among other callous measures.
During the May 17 virtual protest, we will also gather to denounce a recent violent attack on the Cuban Embassy in Washington, DC. In the early morning of April 30, a man armed with an assault rifle shot at the building, thankfully no one was hurt, but we will stand with Cuba in demanding a full and transparent investigation of this terrorist attack.
This live virtual protest action is a continuation of coordinated monthly protests against the U.S. blockade which have been taking place in in Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal, Canada and Kiev, Ukraine on the 17th of each month since 2015.
During the time of Covid-19 we are unable to safely protest together in front of the U.S. Consulates and Embassies in our cities – but through this virtual action we will be united from across Canada and around the world in demanding: Lift the Blockade on Cuba Now!