Register today: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fCgw1XYWSmK3vfzrP1yF-g
Join for a dynamic webinar celebrating Cuba’s contribution to struggles in Africa and the Caribbean, held on the occasion of the birthday of Malcolm X
>>> Co-hosted by:
– August Nimtz — Co-coordinator of the Minnesota Cuba Committee; Professor of Political Science and African American and African Studies, University of Minnesota; Co-Author (with Esteban Morales), The Dynamics of Racial Discrimination in Cuba, Past and Present; Author, Marxism vs Liberalism: Comparative Real-Time Political Analysis.
– Kennedee Geffinger — Universal Zulu Nation Hip Hop for Humanity Committee; Children’s Programs Director, JCC Harlem; Founder, Keys to Ubuntu
– Fernando Gonzalez Llort — President of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP); Cuban internationalist fighter in Angola 1987-1989; Cuban Five hero
– Chris “Che” Matlhako — Second Deputy General Secretary of the South African Communist Party; leading member of Friends of Cuba in South Africa (FOCUS)
– Dr. Rosemari Mealy — Educator and long-standing activist for peace, social, and economic justice. Dr. Mealy’s work has involved years of solidarity with the Cuban Revolution, including living and working in Cuba; Awarded “Friendship Medal” by the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba; Author, Fidel and Malcolm X: Memories of A Meeting; Rosemari is a member of the Board of Directors of IFCO/Pastors for Peace, the New York-New Jersey Cuba Si Coalition; and National Conference of Black Lawyers.
– Lee Robinson— President, African Awareness Association, Inc.; Representative, All-African People’s Revolutionary Party (GC), Le Parti Populaire Revolutionnaire Africain de Guinee of Conakry, Guinea.
– Don Rojas — Press Secretary for the martyred Prime Minister of Grenada Maurice Bishop (1981-1983); Executive Political Editor, The Real News Network; Director of Communications and International Relations, Institute of the Black World; Founder of the award-winning The Black World Today
– Dr. Isaac Saney — Co-Chair, Canadian Network on Cuba; Professor, Dalhousie University; author of the forthcoming book, Africa’s Children Return! Cuba, Africa, and Apartheid’s End.
– Frantz Voltaire — Haitian scholar and activist living in Montreal, Québec; Author, Black Power in Haiti and A Brief History of Blacks in Canada; Founder and Chairperson of Le Center International de Documentation et d’Information Haitienne, Caribéenne, et Afro-Canadienne (CIDICHCA).
– Obi Egbuna Jr — “Stay Out of Cuba’s Way Campaign”; Zimbabwe Cuba Friendship Association; Author, Cuba’s Greatest Army: A Tribute To The Cuban Doctors (Children’s Play)
Organizing Committee, International Conference for the Normalization of US-Cuba Relations
Saving Lives Campaign US-CANADA-CUBA Cooperation
New York-New Jersey Cuba Sí Coalition